a movie script ending in the musicals there goes my outfit
fight for your rights.December 06, 2009
simple black dress: Bloop (local clothing store) lace short-sleeved cardigan...
- simple black dress: Bloop (local clothing store)
- lace short-sleeved cardigan: thrift store
- DIY studded jeans jacket: vintage
- printed cycle shorts: American Apparel
- Chanel-esque sequined headband: DIY
- simple black lace-ups: bought in Bandung
- shiny slouchy bag: Flashy (local clothing store)
Yo Yo Yiggady Yo. I'm back. I'm really sorry for the lack of posting. The last holiday (if it was count as a holiday) was really fascinating and I was seriously enjoying my life without anything internet-related (although I checked it out sometimes).
About the outfit... Dude, I love this dress so much! It's simple, loose-fit, and very comfortable. And it was on sale. Aha. That's why I love it so much. It also goes with almost anything. I paired it with these 'peeping' AA shorts from Chictopia rewards. Then, what I love about the jacket are the wicked color and the 80's shape. Although it has this fugly print on the back so I didn't have any choice but stud it myself to cover the print. It took almost 3 days to finish it. Fhew. I made this headband for a contribution to Gogirl! magazine web. It's quite easy to make so you could try if you like it =]
follow on lookbook
follow on chictopia
Anyway, I watched two movies this week, New Moon and (500) Days of Summer. New Moon sucks (no offense, fans). Such a garbage. Twilight is just umm-yeah-okay and it's much better than New Moon. I didn't see anything but cheesy love story, lame dialogues, and horrible acts. I hate Bella's obsession (err.. what? love? hell no!) to Edward and for me, she just look like a bitch. Sorry, I'm a fan of Kstew but this is really disappointing. It's really nice to see her act and sing in Into The Wild than craving for a hot vampire or shirtless werewolf (I don't even like Rpatz and TayL). IMHO, New Moon is one of the worst movies that I've watched in 2009. The other way, the soundtrack is awesome. Death Cab For Cutie, Band Of Skulls, Thom Yorke, Lykke Li, Black Rebel Motorcycle, Sea Wolf, Ok Go, Grizzly Bear, Editors, etc are just W.O.W. I love them.
How about (500) Days of Summer? It's AH-MAZING! One of the best movies that I've watched in 2009 and I'm not joking. And it's not a cheesy love story. Hahaha. Here's the trailer:
(500) Days of Summer is really refreshing. It's funny, unique, and true to life. It's got something for everybody to like. Even the soundtrack is beyond too cool. It's like a tribute to The Smiths. I love when Summer (Zooey Deschanel) sang 'Sugar Town' by Nancy Sinatra for the karaoke scene. Zooey even chose her own song for this scene. I love Joy Division and The Clash t-shirts worn by Tom (Joseph Gordon-Levitt). I love Regina Spektor's catchy music for opening credit.
The most painful scene was the ending bench-scene. And I think that was the best part and the best memorable quotes.
Summer : I just... I just woke up one day and I knew.
Tom : Knew what?
Summer : What I was never sure of with you.
But there were also lots of funny lines. Even from the author!
Author's Note: The following is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental. Especially you Jenny Beckman. Bitch.
Also, these lines are legends.
Summer : We've been like Sid and Nancy for months now.
Tom : Summer, Sid stabbed Nancy, seven times with a kitchen knife, I mean we have some disagreements but I hardly think I'm Sid Vicious.
Summer : No, I'm Sid.
Tom : Oh, so I'm Nancy...
The director even made a short movie about this Sid and Nancy scene. It's so hilarious =D
Okay, I should shut my freakin' gob now. Just grab it on nearest DVD store and watch it!